The 80/20 rule

Many people on a weight-loss journey look for quick fix results.

In the quest to shed those extra kilos, people tend to eat only healthy food, and completely cut down on a lot of meals that they love. However, does it work that way? Or do people who lose weight slowly but steadily are likely to keep it off in the long term?


If you want to change your eating pattern, it will happen with time and not over night as your fitness influencers will have you believing.

What is the the 80/20 rule? think of it this way…. “You’ll still achieve your health goals, if you eat nutritiously 80 percent of the time and the remaining 20 percent, you can eat what your cravings desire.

The 80/20 rule for eating directs you to eat nutritious food for the majority, 80 percent of the time. While it allows you to have your favourite meals and drinks for the remaining 20 percent of the time.

Its that easy, shift your mindset around food to this rule and your half way there. Once you have successfully integrated this in your daily lifestyle – we can fine tune the amounts of foods, meal frequency and exercise for best results.

Need some help getting to your goals? get in touch


Photo by alleksana on

Published by Marizelle

Hi! My name is Marizelle. I am a Biokineticist, Sports Scientist, Sports massage therapist, trained Specialized Kinesiologist, passionate about Movement, Nutrition and Mindset. I am dedicated to helping and guiding individuals to become the best version of themselves - Mind, Body, Spirit. Thank you for checking in, and welcome! I am all about living a health focused lifestyle, I encourage creating long lasting sustainable habits which lead to living your best life. My mission is to enlighten you about the effects of movement, nutrition and a healthy mental state on well-being. There is no 'one size fits' all approach to living optimally, we are all individuals, but I can guide you in a way that works best for you, your lifestyle and needs. My special interests are educating and helping my patients to better help themselves, I have a huge passion for woman's health and helping woman with hormones issues as well as rehabilitation required for chronic diseases and transforming lives through mindset, movement and nutrition. Get in touch if you would like to learn more.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: