So you’re feeling under the weather, a little sluggy and tired and missing that spring in your step….
So how do you know if you need to detoxify?
Look out for symptoms in multiple body systems:
- Generalized muscle aches
- Difficulty concentrating
- General fatigue
- Food allergies or chemical sensitivities
- Irritability and headaches
- Muscle weakness
- Abdominal pains and tremors
- Kidney Distress and elevated liver enzymes
- Low energy levels throughout the day
- Unusual smelling body odor – even with good hygiene routines
- Experience physical aches and pains
- Skin issues that you didn’t have before – rashes and itchy spots
- Breakouts on face particularly on the forehead and between the eyebrows
- Bad breath – even to you no matter what you do.
- In ability to fall asleep
- Waking up a couple times at night
- Waking up feeling tired and unrested
- Weight gain – even though your exercising and eating well
Other lifestyle factors to consider:
- Taking multiple chronic medications
- Taking over the counter medications
- Relying medications to get your through the day
- Eating a highly processed diet
- Not really mindful of what you eat, you eat what you have around
- Don’t do any formal exercise
- Don’t drink much water
- Chronic coffee drinker
- Chronic over stressor
- Don’t spend time in nature or outdoors
- Don’t schedule time in for personal needs
- Sleep is not a priority
- Sleep less than 6 hours per night
Ticked off more than 5 on the lists above?
When was the last time you took some time to detox,avoid certain foods, cut out the caffeine and sugar, worked on improving your parasympathetic nervous system with specific exercise, practiced mindfulness, meditated and grounded yourself?
Sound like something you need to do?